The Growth of Flexible
PVC Edge Banding
The volume of flexible 3 mm PVC being used in North America continues to grow every year. There are several reasons for this growth:
- The design community has converted many straight-line edges on shelving, desks, store fixtures, and hospitality furniture into contoured, softer edges.
- The curved edges, depending on how tight the radius is, cannot be edge banded with rigid 3 mm and require the flex edge band or a time-consuming and labor-intensive effort to heat up and soften to accommodate 3 mm.
- It is now possible to match the popular textures of HPL, Melamine, and Vinyl panels on flexible 3 mm PVC, which was not always the case. Historically, only standard or matte finish was available.
- Production lead times on flex 3 mm have decreased dramatically and are currently about three calendar weeks from the order date.
- You can source the widest selection of 3 mm flex PVC in stock widths of 15/16 and 1-5/16 x 3mm from PRI. There is only a one roll minimum from our stock program.
- Other widths can be ordered with production minimums as low as 2,500 LF from PRI.
- Many of our large customers have chosen to convert all of their 3 mm banding to the flexible program offered by PRI. Some factors impacting their decision include:
- In quantities of 20,000 LF or more, PRI can offer flex PVC at price points similar or under the current market pricing for ridged 3 mm.
- Converting to only flex PVC enables them to avoid duel inventory of both flex and ridged, which has historically been done because of the added cost of flex banding.
- The same hot melts that they are currently using on their contour and straight-line edge banders are compatible with flex 3 mm PVC.
- Flex PVC colors match up to ridged 3 mm colors, so when needed, they can be used on the same project.
- Color match samples and quotes are available upon request.
Please call PRI for your flex 3 mm needs! We will be happy to send out samples for trials on your edge bander equipment.
PRI Supply is unmatched when it comes to production options. We pride ourselves on offering the best matching capabilities with the most competitive pricing and lead times across the industry.
More PRI Benefits
We pride ourselves in our production and manufacturing capabilities. We work with 13 different extruders to find the best fit for your order. (i.e. Lead Time, Price, Minimum, Matching Requirements, Textured and Size)
We are offering our unique relationships in the industry to offer some of the best programs and collections around. Click below and see what the world of PRI can offer you.